The term “personal information” as used in this policy shall mean any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to you.
1. FIXED ASSET CONSULTINGS’S DATA PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
- Fixed Asset Consulting will only acquire and use appropriate amounts of personal information, giving consideration to the business content and scale.
- Fixed Asset Consulting will specify the purpose of the collection and use of personal information and take appropriate measures to ensure the use of personal information does not exceed that purpose.
- Fixed Asset Consulting will comply with all applicable laws regarding the use of personal information.
- Fixed Asset Consulting will establish a security management system to prevent a leak, loss, deletion or damage of personal information. Moreover, we will take appropriate corrective and preventive measures for accidents relating to personal information.
- Fixed Asset Consulting will, when required by applicable law, promptly respond to requests for disclosure of, inquiries about and complaints regarding its collection or use of personal information.
- Fixed Asset Consulting will review and periodically update our information security management system.
2. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We use the following methods to collect personal information from and about you including through:
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when interacting with the Services. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make and the products and features you use. All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
- Services. With respect to any individual accessing the Services on behalf of their employer or a subscriber to the any Fixed Asset Consulting software (a “Subscriber”), the primary use of any collected data is for the purpose of providing services to Fixed Asset Consulting’s Subscribers. Therefore, any information that you voluntarily provide during your use of the Services will be collected and used by Fixed Asset Consulting in providing the services.
- Account Creation. If you want to create an account through the Services, we will prompt you to provide your first name, last name, email address, phone number, Subscriber and an account password, password hints, and other security information used for authentication.
- Customer Support. If you contact us through the Fixed Asset Consulting Support Portal, we will collect any personal information entered in the form or request, which may include your name, phone number, e-mail address, and other information needed to assist you.
- Contact Us. If you want to contact us using the “Contact Us” or a similar button through the Services, an email message or other response form will be automatically created for you and we will receive any information you choose to send to us in this manner.
- Existing Data. Customers of Fixed Asset Consulting are typically businesses. When Fixed Asset Consulting brings on a new Customer, data from a prior service may be transferred to Fixed Asset Consulting. Fixed Asset Consulting may receive such data, to the extent that there is any personal information contained therein.
- Promotions. If you want to sign up to receive event information or promotions via email, we will prompt you to provide your first and last name and email address.
Google User Data
Fixed Asset Consulting’s use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
Automatically Collected Data.
As with many other websites on the Internet, each time you visit or access the Services, we use browser cookies to automatically collect data from the web browser and device you are using, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the date and time of your visit, and the web pages you visit. This information is primarily used as server operation information, for security purposes and for the operation and improvement of the Services.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use personal information collected via the Services for a variety of legitimate business purposes described below. Specifically, we use the information we collect or receive for the following purposes:
- Provide Services to Subscribers. We use personal information collected to provide services to our Subscribers and their users (including you).
- Account Creation and Management. We may use your information to facilitate account creation and the log-in process. We may use your information for the purposes of managing your account and keeping it in working order.
- To Improve Your Experience Using The Services. We use data collected (usually through clicks and cookies) about your interactions with the Services to customize the content that you see in order to maximize the efficiency and usefulness of the Services. We also use this data to remind us who you are on return visits so that, for example, you do not have to provide all of your information every time you want to place an order and/or log in to your account.
- Respond to Customer Service Inquiries. We use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of the Services. We may also use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of the Services.
- Promotions. We may use your personal information to conduct marketing and commercial activities and to market relevant promotions to you.
- Administrative Information. We may use your information to send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To Exercise Our Legal Rights. Where legally required or permitted, we will use data collected from you to respond to court orders or otherwise participate in the legal process.
- Other Lawful Business Purposes. We may use de-identified or aggregated data collected about any Subscriber or individual user, gathered though the use of the Services, in ways permitted by law but not described above. In general, de-identified information is information that does not directly or indirectly identify you. Aggregate information is information about a group of users, from which individual identities have been removed.
WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
- Subscribers. We offer the Services as a service to our Subscribers. Accordingly, if you are the employee of or other party related to a Subscriber, we will provide to such Subscriber your name, account information, records, and such other information that they might request. Please note that there is no expectation of privacy with respect to the information that you disclose to us through the use of the Services, as it relates to your Subscriber and, unless prohibited by law, we will share with such Subscriber any information that they request relating to the Services or their users.
- Customer Services Providers. When you initiate a customer service request, we may disclose to certain service providers personal information to the extent they need such information to process your request or assist you with resolving any issues.
- Web Host. We may use a third-party web host to host data and operate portions of the Services. In performing its services, the host may have access to your personal information.
- Data Analyzers. We may share data with data aggregation and analytics software providers to enable us to monitor and improve the Services. These providers, for example, help us track clicks and taps on the Sites and how long users stay on the Sites.
- Other Third-Parties. At your Subscriber’s request, and provided that it is lawful to do so, we may also transfer or provide access to certain content and data, including potentially personal information, to your Subscriber’s auditors, technical or financial consultants and advisors, or any successor CMMS software provider.
- Affiliates; Sale of Business. We may share your personal information with affiliated entities within our business group. If we undergo a sale, merger, or other business combination, we will share collected data if and to the extent permitted by law.
Like many websites, we use ‘Cookies’ to make our Sites more convenient to our Subscribers and their users. Cookies are small pieces of data that are transferred between a web server and your web browser, and stored on your computer or mobile device as a file.
- To deliver personalized experiences to our Subscribers and their users.
- For analytic practices to help us understand our Subscribers’ and their users’ activities while using our Services.
- So that when you use the Services, you do not enter a password every time.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill our contractual and legal obligations. Please note that even after such personal information is deleted, we may retain data that does not constitute personal information (including de-identified or aggregated information) for our business purposes, such as creating internal reports that assist our decisions about product offerings and our improvement of the Services.
7. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Services within a secure environment.
Without limiting the foregoing, our Sites use ‘SSL’ to protect personal information. By using a browser that supports security functions, when you access our Sites and enter personal information including your name and e-mail address, and this information is transferred to our server, the information is automatically encrypted when transmitted and received by servers. If you use a browser that does not support SSL, you may not be able to access our Sites or input information.
8. INFORMATION FOR USERS WHO ARE CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- Your Rights. In certain cases, California consumers have rights with respect to the personal information that businesses collect and hold about such consumer. Those rights include the following:
- In certain circumstances, you may have the right to request the following information:
- The categories of sources from which a company collects personal information;
- The business or commercial purpose for which your personal information is collected or sold;
- The categories of third parties with whom your personal information is shared; and
- The specific pieces of personal information that a business has collected about you.
- In certain circumstances, you have the right to have personal information of yours that is under the control of a business deleted.
- Businesses cannot discriminate against you based on the fact that you exercise any of your rights under the CCPA. In general, this means a business cannot deny you goods or services because you have exercised your rights, charge you a different price or rate for goods or services, provide you a different level or quality of goods or services, or suggest that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Fixed Asset Consulting is a Service Provider. Fixed Asset Consulting is a for-profit entity that processes information on behalf of your Subscriber, meaning that it is a “Service Provider” under the CCPA. Generally, Fixed Asset Consulting does not have an obligation to grant to you the above rights, and it will refer any inquiries that you make with us directly to your Subscriber. The foregoing notwithstanding, if Fixed Asset Consulting reasonably believes it is legally obligated to do so, it will comply with the foregoing provisions in this Section 8.
- Activity in Previous 12 Months.
- In the 12 months prior to the Effective Date, Fixed Asset Consulting has not sold users’ personal information.
- In the 12 months prior to the Effective Date, we Fixed Asset Consulting has collected personal information from the following categories:
- Real name;
- Postal address;
- Unique personal identifier;
- Online identifier;
- Email address;
- Internet Protocol address;
- Telephone number;
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
9. ADDITIONAL DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
For European residents only: In certain circumstances, you have rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (the “GDPR”) in relation to your personal information. These data privacy rights in many instances may not apply directly to Fixed Asset Consulting, as we process your personal information as a data processor on behalf of our clients. Where this is the case, any request to exercise your European data privacy rights should be directed to the data controller.
With respect to any personal information collected for our own purposes, we may be considered a controller of personal information, to which the below terms apply.
Depending on the country in which you reside, you may have the following data protection rights:
- To access; correct; update; port; delete; restrict; or object to our processing of your personal information.
- The right to complain to a data protection authority about the collection and use of personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities are as follows:
- If personal Information is collected or processed on the basis of consent, a data subject can withdraw their consent at any time. Withdrawing consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that was conducted prior to withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
To the extent required by applicable law, we will respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask such individuals to verify their identity in order to help us respond efficiently to any such request.
Where personal information relating to European based individuals is shared with a third party located in a non-EU country, we rely on appropriate and legally-sufficient safeguards to transfer the data.
If you have any questions regarding our policy or privacy practices, please contact us using the information set forth below:
Fixed Asset Consulting LLC
PO Box 10705
Eugene, OR 97440
Changes to this Policy
We may update this policy to reflect changes to our information practices and we encourage you to periodically review any updated version of this policy. Any updated version of this policy is binding on you as of the effective date set forth at the top of the document.